Harry is waiting in Privet Drive. The Order of the Phoenix is coming to escort him safely away without Voldemort and his supporters knowing – if they can. But what will Harry do then? How can he fulfill the momentous and seemingly impossible task that Professor Dumbledore has left him?
CAN YOU BELIEVE I’M DONE WITH THE SERIES ALREADY? I CAN’T. I have so many
unpopular opinions about this book, I can’t even put them all into words. In all honesty, this last book infuriates me. After reading others’ reviews, I know I share a lot of opinions with many other people, but I can’t even begin to explain my disappointment. I’m making it sound like I extremely disliked this book, I know, but I promise I do! I just really wish it had been handled differently and instead of rambling on, let me try to interpret my thoughts in the form of a list.
- THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH LUNA AND NEVILLE! I absolutely adore these two characters and was extremely disappointed in how little time they both got in this book. So let’s just take a moment and swoon over the fact that Luna truly and wholeheartedly loves these kids so much that she has them in her bedroom. Also, don’t forget about Neville and his heroic moment, my baby. I just have a lot of feelings for these kids.
- Another thing I wanted to mention… and this may have completely slipped my mind, but did we ever even find out what happened to Luna’s dad? Is he alive and okay? Were they reunited? Forgive me and my forgetful brain.
- Can we all agree that the traveling bit could have been much shorter than it was? I feel like some of it was there to just take up time and space. I get it, hiding out and survival and all, but I think some of it was so unnecessary, honestly.
- OOOH! The part with the patronus at the thing, to help Harry achieve the thing… you know… that thing. THAT WAS SO CLEVER!! I love how that turned out!
- *face palm* Snape. I will forever wonder why Harry forgave him so easily. Yeah, he found out some things, but that doesn’t explain why Snape was a bitch to everyone else? I don’t know, I still don’t like him, but whatever.
- So. Many. Deaths. Come on, JKR, are you trying to kill us? I know not everybody can have a happy ending, but!!!
- AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT WANTS MORE OF A CLOSURE WITH DRACO? The whole ending just seemed to end on a whim. Like yeah, we get a last glimpse of him after the battle, but… I have so many unanswered questions.
- Which brings me to… the epilogue…… I know a lot of people have a problem with this and you’ve all probably heard it plenty of times before, but I’m gonna go over it again. There was so much wrong with it??? What was the aftermath of the battle? What happened within those 19 years? (you know, besides the whole making a family of your own and all) HOW ARE THEY STILL HATING SLYTHERINS/THE MALFOYS? Why did they pick such cliche names for their children? Who is Teddy with? What happened to the rest of the Weasleys? What about the people who died in the battle, were there funerals? So. Many. Questions. *cues the longest sigh in the world*
Overall, I did really enjoy the series and I’m so glad I finally got to it! It’s definitely a series I will be revisiting in the future. In the meantime, thanks for the ride, J.K. Rowling. *salutes*