Hello! Charley @ booksandbakes1 nominated me for this award this month, so thank you, Charley!!
Here states the rules:
- Create a post to accept your award
- Add the blog award button into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget. Visit the fangirling blog for the award button.
- Answer the questions I have below.
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers who you think also deserves this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
So without further ado… here are Charley’s questions for me:
- Which is the best book you’ve read in 2015?
The Raven Cycle — specifically The Dream Thieves. (Surprise!!!!!)
- Is there a genre that you tend to shy away from? Why is this and what would make you try it?
Usually I say erotica for obvious reasons, but this time I’ll say contemporary because I actually dip my toes in the water for that genre. Many books I’ve read are considered contemporary, but it’s usually a murder mystery/thriller, etc. It’s particularly the romance in contemporaries that makes me shy away.
- E-reader or book paper?
Definitely physical copies. For e-reader, I can only read e-books on my laptop and I’m usually doing other things rather than actually reading it. Plus I tend to reader e-books a lot slower.
- What makes you love a book?
The characters/character development is a big thing for me. If I really relate to them, even if it’s the smallest things. And for the character development, I love when it’s a big change (as long as it’s not to where you can’t even recognize the person anymore). As for the plot, I don’t think I found yet what actually makes me love it.
- Do you have a favorite reading snack?
No, nothing specific. Sometimes I read while I’m eating and that’s just whatever I’m eating at that moment.
- Which one character do you think you are most like?
- If you could do a mashup of two books, whether it be just for the characters or the world or both, which ones would it be?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Recently I took a risk by getting my hair cut short after always having long hair. What’s a decision you’ve had to make that could have affected you negatively in the outcome, but didn’t?
- What’s the one book that always comes to mind first when recommending reads to others?
Feel free to disregard if you’ve already done this!