Hey guys! 🙂 You may have noticed by now that I don’t have any regular blogging schedule planned; I just sort of post when I have something I want to share and when I feel like sharing it. Not that I leave you hanging for long though, I try not to be distant for more than two to three days at a time. I’ve been thinking for a while about making a certain day of the week a day that I share a personal post because my blog so far has been purely about books, etc. So if you guys like this, let me know and I’ll continue making them. I’ll try not to ramble or rant too much.
- For the past month and a half, I’ve been in the process of making a deal with the landlord and possibly moving into the apartment downstairs with my best friend. We live in a duplex and currently live with her parents, so her parents would still be upstairs and we’d be sharing the rent/utility bills. It’s honestly been quite stressful and is the reason I’ve been lacking in the reading, blogging, and writing areas.
- Not many people, even that I personally know, know that my job is to take care of my mom. I work through a nursing agency since May 2014 to help her with her daily needs and basically cook/clean for her, etc. It does pay good, and I’m only working part time, but I still find myself struggling financially throughout the months. So this past year I’ve been thinking about getting another job, but I’ve only started seriously considering it this past month. I’m juggling the fact that knowing I could get another job may help me immensely, but I’m already tired most days before half the day is already over and as I said, I’m lacking in those previously mentioned areas which I don’t want to decrease even more.
- Another thought I’ve been bouncing around in my mind for a while is university. I’ve been out of high school for three years now and I did try community college, but I quit in order to help my mom. It was also not what I wanted at the time — I was in a very hard place, mentally, at the time and to be quite honest, I felt kind of conned into applying there. I had been told I was only going for a tour, but the next thing I knew, I was being signed up for financial aid and classes and everything. So due to quitting, I have a bill to pay before I can move on to any other college. I do have my eye on two different places though, and once I get that bill paid off, I’m very much considering getting back into it despite how long it will be until that’s possible.
- At the beginning of this year, I’d decided I wanted to take my writing seriously and so after some idea brainstorming I had a story idea I definitely wanted to write. Now after seven or eight months long of researching and planning and discovering and developing (you know the whole process), I have started over on my first draft with new ideas. In the past week, writing 7 out of 10 days, I have reached a little over 6k words. This may not sound like much, but it’s a big achievement for me after so long of having writer’s block.
- As I write, I’ve discovered I still have a lot to figure out for this story which has caused me to unfortunately pause the writing and do some more research. But that’s okay. I’m hoping as I do the research, it will inspire me and I’ll continue writing just as I had left it.
- That being said, I would love to have some people to talk to about my writing and their writing and just writing in general. Not necessarily a critique partner, but someone that I can throw ideas around with and someone who we could inspire each other and push when it’s needed. I guess I’m just looking for some support because I don’t have any right now. If you’re interested, leave me a comment or email me at spet9507(at)gmail(dot)com!
Well, that’s all I can remember of what I’d been thinking lately. If you’ve made it this far, thank you so much for reading! I don’t know how often I’ll be doing these posts. Maybe not weekly, but possibly bi-weekly. That’s also if you guys would like me to continue. I just thought it would be something more personal that would also in some way help you all get to know me a little better 🙂