Hey there! The other day I was nominated by Kira @ fieittyreads, so thank you soooo much, Kira!! ♥ I’ve only been blogging for exactly a week yesterday and I never would have expected to be nominated for any awards this early on. I’m not even sure how to approach this award because I have no clue, at the moment, who in the world I’m nominating. But I’m very grateful for this so I’ll suck it up and do my best on trying to scope out some people. Here we go!
- Have you binge watched any tv shows lately? If not, which one(s) would you like to?
If you consider June/July as recently, then I binge watched season 3 of Orange is the new Black. I plan on binge watching season 3 of Orphan Black and the first season of Sense8 some time soon as well.
- Where is your favorite place to buy clothes?
I don’t shop for clothes very often, but when I do, I usually go to TJ Maxx or Ross.
- What is your favorite snack food?
Lately it’s been peanut butter and crackers or trail mix.
- What is one thing you think is weird/different about your country?
I’ve never been out of my country, so I have nothing to compare mine to.
- Who is your obscure fictional crush?
- Your least favorite beverage?
Probably orange juice.
- Do you have any siblings?
I have three older brothers!
- What is driving like in your country?
I’m not exactly sure what you meant by this question, but I’m in the US, so the driver’s side is on the left, as is the oncoming traffic on the opposite side of the street. I’m hoping that’s what you mean lol.
- What job to wish existed?
A spell inventor, I think.
- What other things are you obsessed with, besides books?
I have a new obsession with Funko Pops!! They’re so adorable, I want them all. Also, are notebooks considered books? Because I buy more than one every chance I get.
- What is something that makes you uncomfortable?
This will probably relate to plenty of people and it might be a typical answer, but catcalls, etc. For example, there’s this guy that lives beside my mom and every time he sees me, he says something and no matter how little interest I show (and he already asked me out –more than once– to which I’d said no every time), he still proceeds.
Eleven random facts about me:
- I have a little brown speck near the iris of my right eye, just that one.
- At one point in time, I had my heart set on becoming an interior designer.
- I’m terrified of sharks.
- I’ve never been out of the states and I really want to go to Italy.
- Some day I will have a french bulldog of my own.
- I’m not a big movie-watcher, especially if I’m watching it by myself.
- I’m becoming a collector of mugs. I currently use one that says, “What am I doing out of bed?” and it’s the most accurate one for me yet.
- Also candles. I have a shit ton of them that I’m running out of room for, but I can’t stop buying them lol.
- My dad took me rock climbing when I was younger and that’s the only time I’ve ever went. I want to go back some time.
- My brother’s girlfriend is pregnant so I’m gonna be an aunt soon. (My one best friend is too, which I’m throwing her a baby shower at the end of this month because she’s due in October :D)
- Pinterest got me hooked, looking for character inspiration and the whole shebang.
- If you could live one fictional character’s life, who would it be and why?
- What superpower do you wish you could have?
- What’s your favorite breakfast food?
- Top five things on your bucketlist?
- Time to live that minimalist life! What 3 books would you keep if you had to get rid of the rest?
- Your world changes to a futuristic setting, what would be your use of transportation?
- Do you have a favorite time of day?
- City or country life?
- Are you a daredevil? Everybody’s played “Truth or dare” at least once in their life, what was the worst dare you’ve ever been given?
- Think of your favorite book (or it can just be a character). What song comes to mind that reminds you of it/them?
- Do you have any suggestions as to what kind of posts you’d like to see on my blog? (If there’s a specific post you’re referring to, please include a link for an example)
Again, I was nominated by Kira, so thank you! I still can’t believe it. Alright, let’s get onto it then.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten blogs.
- Who is your favorite musical artist/band?
I don’t really have a favorite artist/band, so I’m gonna answer with some songs I currently listen to quite often these days, just to name a few.
• Trouble – Stripped by Halsey
• I Was Made For Loving You by Tori Kelly & Ed Sheeran
• Did I Mention by Jeff Lewis & Mitchell Hope (Did anybody else watch Descendants? My best friend’s niece did while she was visiting and this is a catchy song!)
• Someone New by Hozier
• Stitches by Shawn Mendez
- What’s your opinion on makeup? Do you wear it?
I love makeup! I don’t wear it on a daily basis, but I have a small collection that I like to play around with once in a while.
- Do you have any weird or uncommon obsessions?
I don’t think so? Nothing that comes to mind.
- What did you have for dinner last night?
- Does your family have any holiday traditions? If so, what are they?
Not my biological family, but I live with my best friend and her parents and they have a tradition of getting new pajamas every year to open on Christmas Eve!
- What book do you think everyone should read before they turn 18?
I have not personally read this one yet, but I heard a few people say Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom changed their views on life.
- I already answered this question above.
- What is your favorite thing you’ve tried this year?
I don’t think I’ve tried many new things? At least nothing that was memorable…
- What book will you never read?
There isn’t a specific book I would say I’d never read, but I probably wouldn’t read erotica tbh.
- How do you think you would survive the zombie apocalypse?
Honestly, I’d probably go around trying to chop off their heads until one of them got me. I don’t think I’d survive.
- What is your favorite movie?
Girl Interrupted, Stand By Me, The Sandlot, and Edward Scissorhands.
- What is your most memorable vacation?
- What’s the most attractive quality someone could have?
- Have you ever completed a Rubik’s cube?
- If you weren’t a book blogger (or whatever kind of blogger you are), what would you be blogging about then, if at all?
- Who are you closest to in your life?
- What’s the hardest decision you’ve ever had to make?
- Is there a book that’s ever inspired you or changed your life in any way?
- If you could have a mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?
- Do you prefer to borrow books from the library/a friend/where ever first or buy them even though you haven’t read it yet?
- What’s your favorite season?
- Do you have a favorite blogger/youtuber?
And now for the nominations. I don’t have anyone to nominate for the Liebster award so if you’d like to do that, go right ahead! For the siblinghood award, I nominate:
- Kerry @ kerryberrybooks
- Jessica @ chronic cacti
- Erika & Miedjel @ partnersinbooks
- Jodi @ allthebrightbooks
- and whoever else wants to do it!
(This is embarrassing, but I wasn’t sure if they had to be following back for me to nominate them?? If so, I’m sorry and if you’ve already done this, feel free to disregard your nomination!) And thank you again, Kira, for nominating me! It was a lot of fun 🙂
Have a great day,